The Non-Fiction Five Challenge 2008 is being hosted by Joy over at Thoughts of Joy.
Here are the rules:
1. Read 5 non-fiction books during the months of May - September, 2008 (please link your reviews on Mister Linky)
2. Read at least one non-fiction book that is different from your other choices (i.e.: 4 memoirs and 1 self-help)
3. If interested, please sign up below with the link to your NFF Challenge post (all choices need not be posted and may change at any time)
I really like reading non-fiction (hence joining in with this one) but I think it'll be a challenge to read something different for Step 2. I really like the safety and security of reading in a known subject - it's like putting on your favourite slippers at the end of a hard day.
Here's what I think I'll read:
1. James Montgomery Boice - The Parables of Jesus - (Religion)
2. Niki Anderson - What my Cat has Taught me About Life - (Felines)
3. James D Berkley - Essential Christianity - (Religion)
4. Jenna Bailey - Can Any Mother Help Me? - (Memoir)
5. Martin Pugh - State and Society - (History)
That was easier than I thought it'd be - I have various subjects covered and the only one I'm concerned about getting through is State and Society which is a fairly dense textbook. However, if I have thoughts of studying history in the future then I'll be encountering plenty of this kind of book so reading this one before the end of September will show if I'm 'able' or not.
Let the games begin!