Pages

Friday 30 May 2008

57. Nicki Defago - Child Free and Loving It

Title:
Child Free and Loving It
Author:
Defago, Nicki
Publisher:
Fusion Press
Format:
Paperback
BCID:
http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/5682846
No. of pages:
248
First sentence:
A while ago I met an old friend who I hadn't seen for 20 years.

Thanks to PussInBooks for sending this book out on a Ring. I saw it advertised and, as I'm child free, was immediately interested.

I'm no really sure what I was expecting. What I found was an easy, comfortable read with lots of quotations from the author's conversations and correspondence with parents and the child free alike. She is child free herself and, as the title suggests, there is a strong bias in favour of this choice but it is offered in the spirit of 'I don't want kids but it's cool if you do.'

My only criticism is that the quotations were sometimes inadequately signposted. Reading through I sometimes felt rather lost and would have welcomed some direction.

I would recommend this book to anyone who is considering having (or not having) children.

No comments: