Pages

Thursday 29 May 2008

56. Eric & Leslie Ludy - When God Writes Your Love Story

Title:
When God Writes Your Love Story
Author:
Ludy, Eric & Leslie
Publisher:
Loyal
Format:
Paperback
BCID:
http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/6051600
No. of pages:
224
First sentence:
"I think we should break up," he softly said

I Mooched a copy of this book after reading Authentic Beauty by Leslie Ludy.

I enjoyed this volume for its honesty. The ideas are not all easy to carry out and the Ludys don't flinch from telling of their own stumbles as they learned to let God write their love story. I really enjoyed hearing more of the details of their romance. The book is written for men and women with Eric and Leslie each identified as the author of specific chapters. It was interesting to hear Eric's insights - I'm more used to the female perspective - although his humour didn't sit particularly well with me. Perhaps it would have if I were a young man?

The main theme of this book is that our relationship culture is a long way from what God intended and people are being hurt by it. But there is another way which the Ludys have lived and now share with their readers.

I would recommend this book to anyone who is single (of any age). I'm sure there are also nuggets of goodness for people in relationships if you are creative enough to take the ideas and make them your own. The book cover is attractive showing a tender moment between a man and woman. The title is very apt and the book does exactly what it 'says on the tin.'

I have all the Ludy book on my wishlist and am looking forward to reading them. Authentic Beauty is my current study book.

Overall: 8/10

No comments: