Pages

Sunday 5 April 2009

DNF - Joyce Meyer - The Confident Woman


My confidence is not my best feature and I've found some of Mrs Meyer's other books helpful so I was rather pleased when this one came to the top of Mt TBR. After 50 pages, however, I laid it aside. Mrs Meyer appears to see a woman's confidence through a lens of whether or not she has been abused and, having set the scene for that with some information about her own experience, she launched into a long discussion on whether or not women should preach. Let's just say we have different views. I could live with that. But I fail to see the relevance of the discussion to the purpose of the book. Instead, it seems that Mrs Meyer was on a personal soap-box and using this book to answer her critics. That'\s not something I'm very interested in reading so I stopped.

No comments: