Pages

Sunday 6 July 2008

62. Max Lucado - Cure for the Common Life


Title:
Cure for the Common Life
Author:
Lucado, Max
Publisher:
W Publishing Group
Format:
Paperback
BCID:
http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/5987470
No. of pages:
220
First sentence:
"Sweet spot."

The title of this book really appealed to me on a rainy day in Glasgow when life seemed incredibly common. This is the first Max Lucado book I've read and I was most impressed. Using People Managemet International's 'STORY' method, Lucado guides the reader to discover their sweet spot - the spot in which they are using their uniqueness to make a big deal out of God every day of their lives. The book is split into two parts. The first contains Max's analysis of the STORY while the second, written by a representative of PMI, tells the reader how to write their own STORY.

I really enjoyed Lucado's lyrical writing style while finding the content incredibly relevant and stimulating. I haven't worked through the second part of the book but intend to put this book into the 'for further study' box to do later. I am blow away by the idea that God doesn't want to take away my passions - instead he wants to use them for His glory!

I would recommend this book to anyone seeking purpose in their life and I will certainly be looking for more Lucado books in the future.

9/10

No comments: