Pages

Wednesday 2 July 2008

60. Joyce Meyer - How to Hear from God


Title:
How to Hear from God
Author:
Meyer, Joyce
Publisher:
Faithwords
Format:
Paperback
BCID:
http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/5987486
No. of pages:
285
First sentence:
Learning to hear from God and be led by the Holy Spirit is very exciting.

I read this book because I usually enjoy Joyce Meyer and the subject matter appealed to me. Unfortunately I was rather disappointed. Although the book does contain some good information, it lacks a coherent argument and tends to dot about from subject to subject. It is also repetitive and contains several power-trips for Meyer to enjoy. I think this is one of her earlier books as it lacks the sophistication of her latter works. I would, however, still recommend this book to others who are interested in Charismatic/Pentecostal Christianity.

6/10

No comments: