Pages

Saturday 9 August 2008

69. Lisa Bevere -- Nurture


Title:
Nurture
Author:
Bevere, Lisa
Publisher:
Faith words
Format:
Hardback
BCID:
HTTP://www.bookCrossing.com/journal/6392438
No. of pages:
244
First sentence:
I write as a mother and daughter of our time.


I have greatly enjoyed other books by Lis8 Bevere so I was very excited about the publication of Nurture. And fortunately, while I did enjoy reading this book, it did not quite live up to my high expectations. Lisa is writing about the role of women in society and highlights the way in which women for connections. She is suggesting that we are all daughters mothers and grandmothers to one another in mentoring relationships. This is an interesting concept, but not one I feel able to run with at present. For me, the most interesting part of the book was Lisa's experience of chancing upon an anti-abortion film on TV -- this has made a big impression on me.

I would be interested in looking at this book in greater depth but, at present, there is no work book available.

No comments: