Pages

Friday 1 May 2009

20. William Anderson -Laura Ingalls Wilder


This is the first biography of Laura that I have read and I have to confess to being a little apprehensive about it – I love the ‘Little House’ books and didn’t want to be disillusioned by another author telling me that they are fairy stories. But I’ve found out that they are not! In addition to filling in the gaps of Laura’s life, Mr Anderson explains that Laura wanted the books to be autobiographical and accurate in their retelling of historical facts.

Although parts of this book were very sad, it was still an enjoyable and formative read and, I think, a good bridge between the children’s books that Laura wrote and the more serious side of history.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Thanks for you review. sounds interesting...will have to put this book on my wish list. :)