Pages

Friday 5 December 2008

98. Eliabeth Marshall Thomas - The Tribe of Tiger


I found this a fascinating look at the social and predatory behaviour of cats large and small across a variety of situations. The author has spent a considerable amount of time in Africa where she observed lions and their interaction with the native bushmen and I found her account of these wild animals fascinating. She also looks at captive tigers and comes to the conclusion that circus animals are actually better off than their zoo-bound counterparts. Pumas are also covered as are the humble house-cats. I read this book as part of my studies but would happily read it again for pleasure.

1 comment:

Angie said...

This book sounds interesting. :) I'm a little surprised that tigers in the circus are better off than in the zoo. Very intersting.